Here's our campground at the beach. It was a great group site just steps from the sand and with everything we needed close by. Notice the train tracks just behind the tent. We enjoyed watching the passenger and freight trains regularly pass by. It was a little unnerving hearing them roar past us as we slept though!
My favorite part was listening to the crashing ocean waves as I drifted off to sleep. I LOVE listening to the ocean. It is so relaxing and never gets old.
Here's Seth gathering rocks for his rock collection. He wanted to bring them all home, but when I saw the mountain of rocks he had collected, I had to limit what came home with us!
Annie spent much of her time playing in this water. Who needs the ocean when you've got a tap to turn on and off?
Seth eating his s'more at the Father & Sons campout. The boys requested s'more flavored Poptarts in place of the real thing so they wouldn't get their hands sticky. What have I done to my kids?!
Here are the guys taking it easy at Father & Sons. The campsite is on a soccerfield right off the freeway. At least one of my boys was very relieved that they would be far from bears and other wildlife.
Maybe some day we'll toughen up a bit and venture a little further into the wild! Good times!
2 comments:
Now that is my kind of camping. Sorry we missed seeing you while we were in town. things were pretty crazy!
I'm envious! It looks like so much fun.
Post a Comment