Friday, June 13, 2008

Finally!

Before yesterday I was convinced that I was one of the last people around that hadn't been privileged enough to see the broadway hit "Wicked." Well my turn finally came last night, thanks to tickets and babysitting falling into our laps (thanks to Tina and Deena!). Chris and I drove up to the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood and walked along the Hollywood Walk of Fame for a bit before the show (not exactly what I imagined the Walk to be, but kind of fun to see stars for the likes of John Lennon, Tina Turner, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Mickey Rooney, the Steve Miller Band, and many, many more). We had a FABULOUS time and LOVED this show! It was extra fun to enjoy the show with many ward members there also (those who got Tina tickets like us). I knew the songs but not the whole story, and I was thrilled to see how it all fit together. Both Chris and I woke up with Wicked songs in our minds, and I'm sure that won't stop anytime soon (for me at least). If you haven't seen it, put Wicked on your must-see list. I would be happy to go with you and enjoy it again and again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to see Wicked. Todd & I just went last Saturday nite for our anniversary. We love the music too. Before we went, we looked up "wicked" on wickapedia, which told us the storyline, which helped. You are right, it is a must see!

Anonymous said...

We thought we were one of the last, too. But the whole group I was with last night hadn't seen it either.

It really was amazing. So much fun. I hope it comes to OCPAC. I want to see it again!

Kyla Armstrong said...

That's so exciting! I loved it and I would see it again in a heartbeat (if the tickets weren't so dang pricey!;)

Mike and Shelby said...

It's wonderful, isn't it? I think it has become one of my favorite plays. I am excited for it to come up here in Utah next spring, most of my family hasn't seen it yet...and I am TOTALLY going again!

Jamie said...

I'm so glad you got to see it. We haven't seen it yet either but are hoping to when its in SLC next year.