This was one of a few incidents that occurred in just a matter of moments this week. Why is it that it takes so much longer to clean up a mess than it does to make one? Normally Annie's room is one of the cleaner rooms in our home, but I left Seth and Annie entertaining themselves while I got some things done around the home, and within just a couple of minutes they had all of her clothes, blankets, toys, etc. in one massive mountain that they enjoyed for quite a while. I'm still debating whether the time I got while they played (maybe 20-30 minutes) was worth the near hour it took me to clean this mess up. I think it probably was worth it this time.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
WOW! Amazing how fast those messes can be made. Sure looks like they were having tons of fun though.
i'm surprised nothing like that has happened before then. the girls are all doing stuff like that. atleast they were playing nice, though!
How comforting to know that mine aren't the only ones with records in mess making.
oh, I feel for you!
I was having that problem with Lauren. She was constantly taking ALL of hers and Brooke's blankets (easily 25 or 30 of them!) out of their drawers. It would take me a while to get them all folded and put away again...till I finally got smart (duh!) and made Lauren clean up the mess herself. (I used to do it cause I wanted them folded correctly.) I sat there and taught her how to fold by helping her with the first two. Then I sat there for another 40 minutes and made HER fold ALL the rest by herself!
Guess what, she hasn't done it again!
This is a constant battle at our house. Sometimes I wish I could make the messes and the kids cleaned them up. ;-)
Yes, these messes do occur regularly at our home. One of my recent favorites was when Annie dumped all the contents of nearly all of our games (and we have a lot) into a big fun pile on the living room rug. I wish I had a picture of that. I'm glad to hear that we're not the only ones who deal with this regularly.
Well its good for your kids that you have the patiance of a saint cuz I would not be happy! My kids have never done that- only kids that we have babysat.(No not yours)
Now we have the "no going upstairs"rule
Post a Comment