Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Play With Your Food!




We had a lot of fun at lunch the other day making these "lunch people." I got this idea from a neighbor back in our BYU days who would make a "snackman" for her son every day. I put out several lunch foods (mostly cut-up sandwiches and fruits and veggies) and some toothpicks to hold things together (you could also use peanut butter, etc. as "glue"). I encouraged the kids to get creative (not that they needed much encouragement), specifying that they were to use at least 5 different foods in their creations. Not only did they have a lot of fun thinking up and making their creations, but they ate a healthy and balanced lunch as well. We had fun imagining so many other possibilities with dinner and dessert and snack foods, thinking not only of what we could make the people look like, but different scenes we could create as well. I don't know if you can tell from the pictures, but one of Seth's people is rowing a boat--I love the creativity! Just a fun idea I thought I'd pass along!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

The rowing the boat one is really cool! I'm impressed!

Jamie said...

How fun! We definitely have to try this. Thanks for the great idea.

Audra Bollard said...

You are a great Mom!