Annie's birthday is coming up very soon, and she's been letting us know her birthday wishes through her prayers for the past several days now. Many times each day Annie prays for 1) cakes for her birthday (she wants Tinkerbell, Dora, and princess cakes), 2) to go to Disneyland with cousins (Too bad all the cousins are hundreds of miles away!), 3) bikes for her birthday (notice the plural), and 4) lightsabers for her birthday (can you tell she has two older brothers?). She wants pink, purple, red, and blue lightsabers.
How in the world am I supposed to fulfill all of her birthday wishes? I only have five days to come up with a good solution. I'll be praying that she's not terribly disappointed, and more importantly, that her faith in prayer is not destroyed at such a young age. Help!
1 comment:
I just tell my kids that prayer isn't about asking HF to give us what we want. It's about learning what He wants us to have. He knows whether things are good for us or not ... maybe we will be spoiled or not appreciate our blessings if we get too much (to put it in little kid language). Good luck!
Post a Comment