Friday, February 20, 2009

"Busy"

While at the library with my children this afternoon, I heard again (and then again) something that I'm used to hearing when out in public with my kids. As we left the children's section I saw a woman watch me round up the kids and walk out with them. "She's a busy mom," I overheard her say. Then just a few minutes later as we walked to our car, we passed a lady who was getting into her car. She stopped in her tracks as we walked by, and with her jaw literally dropped, she exclaimed "Oh boy, you're busy!"

Although I hear comments like these all the time and it doesn't really bother me, I just never quite know what to say (if anything) in response. So to all of you other "busy" moms out there, how do you respond?

5 comments:

Amy said...

You might say, "These are just the well behaved ones, I left the 4 naughty ones at home!"
Marc says you should just say, "It's awesome."
Really if they want to see busy they should come to a reunion of ours with 22 grandchildren under the age of 15.
You are a wonderful busy mom!!! They just notice you since you have such cute kids.

Mike and Shelby said...

"AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!"

Ashleigh said...

it's not so bad, really. i only have 3, but people are always commenting how i've "got my hands full". you could tell them, it keeps life exciting!

Bobbie said...

I never know what to say to that either. My favorite "busy mom" encounter was in New York when a woman approached me on the street and said that she was a nanny looking for work and I clearly needed someone to help me!

BobandKristin said...

"Is there any other kind?"