Saturday, April 25, 2009

I am a wimp.




This is one of the creatures that we occasionally find in and around our home. I'm not a fan. In fact, one time I called Chris home from work to take care of a lizard in our kitchen. Unfortunately, by the time he got home it was nowhere to be found. Not good for a squeamish gal such as I. It was a long time before I would go back into the kitchen after that. Recently I came across another lizard in our home, but not wanting to bother Chris at work, I offered to pay my boys to get rid of it. Since they are highly motivated by money, they were eager to catch it. But not wanting to actually touch it, they had to get creative in doing so. They only succeeded in getting half of it. The tail. The rest of it crawled away and resurfaced a few days later. Luckily Chris was home at the time and quickly took care of it. The boys talked me into paying them half of their reward. I guess I still owe Chris the other half. The lizard pictured here was in our atrium a couple of days ago. In case you can't tell from the picture, it's about a foot long. As long as they are outside I don't mind. But you better believe I keep the windows and doors closed on hot days, since that tends to be when I see them around. I'm giving myself the heebie-jeebies just writing this post. I know, I know, I need to just get over it. But look at it--not exactly what I want crawling around the floor with my baby.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That's one really long tail. I don't like creeping thing much myself.