This might come as a big shock to those that know me well, but last week I decided to develop a little self-discipline and go without treats/desserts for one month. I enjoyed my Mother's Day chocolate in a variety of ways as a final hurrah (without overindulging), and I have been dessert free since Monday. This is HUGE for me, but I am so determined. No, I didn't eat the leftover brownies or Milano mint chocolate cookies on Monday. I did not sample any of the scrumptious options from the fabulous dessert bar at my friend's baby shower on Tuesday. I did not sneak any chocolate chips from the freezer on Wednesday. Thursday? No way! I daydreamed about many delicious desserts on Friday while Annie and I enjoyed a girls' night (plus Blake)--what girls' night is complete without treats? I learned it is not impossible. And Saturday I again abstained from a variety of goodies following a church function. Then today Chris made a fabulous cake--LOTS of butter, LOTS of sugar. He had to spoon--not pour--the batter into the pan, and oh, it smelled so heavenly.
I'd say I'm doing pretty well so far. Chris frequently sets goals like this and has so much self-discipline. He is my inspiration. It has taken me, on the other hand, this long to even want to try something like this. But the desire, motivation, and commitment finally came, and here I am already a week into it. And now that I've let you all know about my goal I will be that much more likely to stick with it.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You go girl!! You can totally do it!
You are in good company. I have just hit my 2 week mark of no sugar.
Wow, Tami! After I did my no treats stint I made a goal never to do it again! Good for you though. It does feel good to take control and realize you can control it. Steve has taken to freezing everything he wants to eat and then binges on it later. I don't recommend that method either. Good luck!
Good on you Tami! I like sweets way too much too....maybe that is why my clothes are shrinking...no I think my dryer is broken! Keep it up!
I guess I'll have your piece of wedding cake so you aren't tempted! Way to go, it feels good to eat good!
Your favorite older brother.
I lennor dubes it!
Not so fast Amy and William! I'll be done with my little challenge by then and plan to enjoy every bite of my cake!
I did a Candida diet for a few weeks. Honestly, I've never been much of a treat eater. However, after going so long without sugars, etc. it made me a little sick to eat sweet things afterwards. Talk about a sugar head ache!
Post a Comment