It's always fun to innocently listen in on my kids' conversations, and in the car is usually a perfect place to do this. The quote of the day was uttered on an otherwise quiet drive to the library this morning, and although I can re-trace the conversation that led to this thought, it just still seemed so entirely random but really isn't as disturbing as it might sound. So are you ready to hear it? This is what I overheard today in our daily car chatter:
"I wish I could take my head off and throw it at people."
What do your kids talk about in the car?
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This made me laugh out loud! My kids say funny things to each other too--especially when Ethan tries to parent Luke using phrases like, "if you do that again you'll need to have a time out." (Hmmm, wonder where he's heard that line?!)
I think this is a GREAT post! I have always been a stickler about no music while driving! (That may not last once my kids are teenagers!) I once heard that valuable family time is often wasted because parents don't take advantage of time to talk in the car!
It's funny to listen to any kind of chatter when they think we're not listening. So did you ever figure out what the root of this comment was?
Post a Comment