My mother seriously made the best pies I've ever, ever had. Seriously. She would've totally put Marie out of business if she had ever sold her pies. Mom's pies were perfect and absolutely amazing. Maybe some day I'll take up pie-making, but it won't be this year. Now wish me luck with my first turkey!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Feeling Guilty
I feel like such a traitor. I bought pies for our first ever Thanksgiving dinner at home tomorrow. My three sisters each inherited my mother's perfect pie-making gene, but me? I don't think so. I was planning to try making pies today, but I broke down at Costco and bought a pumpkin and an apple pie. I did "make" a chocolate pie, but it doesn't count since all I did was mix instant pudding with milk and cool whip and spoon it into a store-bought Oreo crust. I'm such a cheater and a disgrace to the family!
My mother seriously made the best pies I've ever, ever had. Seriously. She would've totally put Marie out of business if she had ever sold her pies. Mom's pies were perfect and absolutely amazing. Maybe some day I'll take up pie-making, but it won't be this year. Now wish me luck with my first turkey!

My mother seriously made the best pies I've ever, ever had. Seriously. She would've totally put Marie out of business if she had ever sold her pies. Mom's pies were perfect and absolutely amazing. Maybe some day I'll take up pie-making, but it won't be this year. Now wish me luck with my first turkey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You so shouldn't feel guilty....I was ready to throw my pies out the window, but Cindy stepped in to help. I would never make them unless I was making them with sisters. That makes it fun. Plus I am so impressed that you are doing Thanksgiving with a month old baby. That is an accomplishment. It took mom many years to perfect her pie making ability. I am pretty sure that mom has bought pies before as well. Have a great Thanksgiving!!
My husband is the perfect pie maker in our family. In fact, I've eaten too much left over pie today ... and I'm sure I'll east more! It DEFINITELY takes the pressure off me since I don't have the patience or skill to roll out a pie crust evenly! I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!
Your pies looked really good though. We half cheated with store bought crusts already in the pan. We made our own filling and then baked. Its true that the pies didn't taste as good as they would have with a homemade crust but hey it saved a lot of time.
Love the marzipan idea. We'll definitely have to try that soon.
oh, you are way too hard on yourself! You made the rest of the dinner-give yourself credit!!! We did costco pies this year too-just ran out of time. And you can't go wrong with any of Costco's bakery items. But, I have a foul proof blueberry pie recipe I can email you if you want. It's yummy and way easy! And you'll have a whole year to practice. :)
Post a Comment