It's amazing how entertaining a cardboard box can be. Somehow my boys got their hands on a good-sized box the other day and devised a plan. While Seth was at gymnastics, I noticed Josh putting things in the box, apparently "packing" for Seth. When Seth returned, they finished up together. I had no idea what they were up to but soon found out. They were going to mail Seth to his friend's house in Provo, Utah. They even punched "air holes" around the box. Now, I'm not sure if they were serious about this or just having a good time playing around. But I did learn that they thought the mail carrier would pick up the box if they left it out by the mailbox.
Now I'm left to wonder about Seth's reasons for wanting to be shipped to his friend's house. And what about Josh's motive--was he just trying to be nice and help Seth out, was he having fun playing along, or was he trying to get rid of his brother by shipping him off? Hmmm.
This is what I found inside the box:
- Seth (good thing he's flexible), with his pillow and blanket
- Portable DVD player with several DVDs
- Books
- Legos and other smalls toys
- The Book of Mormon
- A framed picture of Josh (Seth said that Josh included this in case he never came back)
- Two small stuffed animals
- Candy wrappers
- Snacks
- A water bottle
Sure it's been a little crazy around here lately with a new baby and all, but it can't be that bad, can it?
10 comments:
Thanks for providing me such a good laugh. Maybe you can get a really big box and ship the whole family up here for Thanksgiving. Your boys are so funny.
At least they had the Book of Mormon, we know you are teaching them well! That's hilarious!
That is so cute! Your boys are wonderful, you've helped them build great imaginations.
I'm laughing so hard right now. This is a great story, especially the packing list.
I love it! I'm especially glad they included the photo so as not to be forgotten. Now I'm just hoping he was being shipped to my address . . .
LOL! That is so funny! What a good list of items to bring with him!
Yes, Bobbie, he was hoping to end up at your home!
That's really funny. So was Seth totally disappointed when the shipment didn't go through? What a fun activity-totally beats watching TV, which we've been doing way too much of lately.
This is too funny! What great imaginations! I too love blogging I am somewhat addictied. It will be fun to keep up with your family. Blake looks so sweet and precious. don't you just love newborns.
all the things a little boy would need on a mail trip to his friends. You obviously can be proud of your parenting-I am impressed with his priorities!
Post a Comment