Sunday, November 30, 2008
A Happy Thanksgiving
We enjoyed our first Thanksgiving at home, and it was nice to have Chris' grandpa and uncle join us for dinner. The kids spent the day watching Christmas movies, decorating, making name tags for the table, and playing with/eating marzipan. The marzipan was a huge hit, and I'm sure it will become a tradition.
Seth's marzipan creations, including turkey fingers, a teepee, pumpkins, a turkey head, applesauce in a bowl, and mashed potatoes & gravy on a plate.
Josh's marzipan turkeys and pumpkins
You can buy marzipan in the baking aisle of the grocery store. Simply knead in food color paste or gel (optional) and have fun shaping this yummy almond candy. I made a million little marzipan pumpkins for Seth's Thanksgiving multi-cultural feast at school this week (his request), and gratefully I had some left over to keep the kids occupied while Chris and I were busy preparing our Thanksgiving dinner. It turned out pretty well, and in addition to our countless blessings, we are also thankful we had such a nice day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great idea! I'll stock that away for next year. I have also found that an activity to keep the kids busy is a must! We had them make place markings for the table this year, they were too cute.
Post a Comment