Sunday, August 24, 2008

8-24-99



It's Josh's 9th birthday today! We are so happy Josh is in our family, and we just love him so much!




In honor of his 9th birhday, here are Nine Things I Love About Josh:



1. Josh has an amazing memory. It's almost scary what this kid can remember. He reminds me of details from when he was really, really young. My memory can be horrible at times, so I'm always astounded at his memories.



2. Josh is very observant. He picks up on patterns and makes connections that I neglect to.



3. Josh has a great head of hair. We've had "fun" with his hair since he was a newborn and we gave him his first haircut at 9 days old (the tail really had to go). This kid has got some serious volume and body. You should see what I get to deal with every morning when he wakes up. It takes a whole lot of water and work to calm his hair and make it semi-presentable. Josh loves having it a little long on the top, and he loves it messy. I love how he tries to inconspicuously mess up his hair when I drop him off for school in the morning.




4. I love Josh's vocabulary. I'm sure this is a result of all the books he devours and has devoured over the past five years. He is a great reader, and it gives him some serious word power. He correctly used the words vague, refer, and specific in the same sentence last week.



5. Josh has a great sense of humor. He's got a quick wit and is great with puns and jokes. He has always been a funny kid, and I love this about him.



6. I love that Josh loves his sleep. He likes to go to bed when he is tired (something that I and his siblings have not figured out yet), and as his mother, I truly appreciate this about Josh.




7. Josh has a lot of passion when it comes to his interests. First it was dinosaurs (age 3-4, I think), then robots--including Transformers (age 5-6), and then it was Legos, then more Legos, and now more Legos--Bionicles, Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Exoforce, Lego Aquaraiders, Lego Agents, etc. This is the third year he has asked for a Lego birthday cake (I don't mind--much easier than a dinosaur or robot cake). When Josh is interested in something, he throws everything into it, and it is fun to see his passion.



8. I also love Josh's artistic talents and creativity. This kid draws amazing pictures, he writes and illustrates books, comics, and magazines, and he's just basically good with any kind of artistic medium. I'm sure we've killed an entire forest with all the paper we go through in our house. Josh discovered this talent and hobby at the young age of 3 when he really colored for the first time (like trying to stay in the lines) with his Grandpa. He hasn't stopped ever since. Along with his artistic talents comes his creativity--he is super imaginative and can visualize things in his mind that he then creates, especially his unique Lego creations. I love Josh's creativity!




9. And last but not least, I love the easy-going nature of Josh's personality. He is pretty laid back and easy to be around. He is a great big brother and a great son, and I love his personality.


Happy Birthday Josh!!!!





2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

when you guys came to visit when richie and i got married, josh was only lucy's age! it's hard to believe that it's been 5 years since then! we hope you had a happy birthday, josh!

Jamie said...

I knew Josh was a smart kid when I found out he had all his sounds, letters and numbers down by the age of two--or was it before the age of two. What a great kid!