Saturday, August 30, 2008

Work in Progress







Today we gave up a perfect day at the beach with great friends :( to work toward finishing Annie's and baby's room :). When we bought our home nearly three years ago, we needed to convert the den to a bedroom (by closing up a wall, framing a door, and putting in a closet) before Annie's arrival so she'd have a place once she joined our family. Chris worked really hard and got her room to a "functional" stage, but we never finished it. Now that I'm nesting, we've been motivated to finish the room before our next baby's arrival. So this weekend our goal is to really finish it by completing the inside of the closet, texturizing the new wall, and painting the walls (didn't like the first color we put up), door, closet, and trim. We are also painting the crib and changing table to match Annie's new big girl bed (when we get it) so that we don't have a rainbow of furniture in the room. With everyone helping out today, we made a lot of progress and should complete the project on Monday. We sure are looking forward to our day of rest tomorrow after a long day of hard work today. Stay tuned for pictures of the finished project.

5 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

I love baby rooms. Can't wait to see the pictures when it is finished!

Hannah said...

You are looking so cute and pregnant!

Tami said...

Shelby, I love baby rooms too! Too bad I haven't ever had a decorated nursery, and let's be honest, we'll be lucky just to get this room finished let alone decorated. I know, my kids are deprived! Hannah, I am feeling pregnant but certainly not cute, but thanks for the compliment!

Jamie said...

I feel so happy reading about your family doing a project together. How fun! Its so much better than trying to get rid of them so you hurry and get the work done.

Audra Bollard said...

Very impressive! I love how all your kids are in on this too (it must be the power tools!). This baby should feel very loved.