A big thanks to everyone who gave us baby name suggestions! It was really fun to hear all of your ideas (all great names, I must add). After contemplating for months now, we've finally decided on the first name (still deciding on the middle name). Now I know why it was so hard for us this time--I was focusing on Bible names to continue our pattern, but something beyond the Bible was meant to be for this baby. Still meaningful of course, as we like our kids' names to be. So this baby boy will be named Blake, which is my maiden name. My Blake ancestors have left a very strong, faithful, and honorable heritage, and I hope our Blake will one day understand how special the Blake family and his name are. We are having fun calling him by name now which is helping us bond with him already. I'm going to give myself an out by saying this is still subject to change, but likely will not.
My C-section has been scheduled for Thursday, October 9, so if all goes as planned this is the day baby Blake will be making his big appearance. The countdown is on!
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love it! Think of all the people he will be named after...WOW! I can't wait to see him.
i love the name blake and i'm a big fan of using your maiden name as a first name. that's how alex (alexander) got his name. glad that we'll be able to see him when we come in october.
I'm so excited a decision was made. We like to know our names beforehand too. You're almost there!
Dang it! I guess the name has more meaning for you guys than us! Awesome!
ahh, blake is a great name, good work, guys! about a month after blake is born, our molly will be coming! good luck, and we hope everything goes well!
What a great name! And I love that it is your maiden name. (Wish mine would work that nicely!)
Post a Comment