I'm writing this post to help me remember how much joy my little Annie brings me. I truly believe she was sent to our family to bring us so much joy, and we just love her to pieces. But on some days, I really need a reminder of this. Especially these days when she is doing things like:
1. Climbing up to the top bunk in the boys' room. Without a ladder.
2. Climbing out of her crib.
3. Climbing on top of the kitchen countertops to get into the cabinets.
4. Climbing on top of me and all over me--anytime, anywhere. Not so comfy in my 8th month of pregnancy.
5. Washing her hair elastics down the sink.
6. Tapping her toothbrush against the sink as hard as she can to splash as many drops of water as possible onto the mirrors. She does this with pride and satisfaction as she asks, "Mommy washed it last night?"
7. Hitting the panic button to set off the car alarm and then running through the house with the keys so that I can't turn it off. And she's faster than I am right now.
8. Hiding important things like the TV remote, the library cards, the computer mouse, the car keys, etc.
9. Turning off the refrigerator.
10. Saying "I hit Mommy," or "I bite Mommy," or "I kick Mommy," or "I lick Mommy," or "I break Mommy's _______," and then trying to actually do whatever she just warned me of.
11. Unbuckling her carseat while we're driving.
12. Turning off the computer.
13. Chewing up library books (If she's going to eat books, why couldn't it be our books? The library charges the cost of the book plus an outrageous processing fee. In return we get a chewed up, germy, slimy book with library stickers all over it.).
14. Taking a bite out of a hymnal page at church and swallowing it before I can get it out of her mouth.
15. Designating herself as my personal bathroom supervisor and assistant.
16. Dumping laundry detergent on the floor.
17. Unfolding and piling up all of her clothes and blankets and toys.
18. Climbing into my bed while I'm trying to make it. Or un-making my bed within minutes of me making it.
19. Refusing to sit and/or be buckled in a grocery cart.
20. Drawing on the floor, or the table, or the bookshelves, or the cabinets.
21. Getting the phone and dialing random numbers. Lucky for us she's only accidentally dialed 911 once.
22. Yelling "Hey yo Daddy!" or "Hi Daddy" to Chris during our sacrament meeting while he's sitting up on the stand.
23. Insisting on "her way" in general and being extremely unhappy when it doesn't happen.

So my challenge is to remember her as the joy she was meant to be and brings to me when she:
1. Snuggles for reading time.
2. Says "thank you bery much."
3. Says "really, really please?" in her sweetest voice.
4. Takes her daily four hour nap.
5. Says prayers to bless her Costco samples.
6. Sings songs she composes herself.
7. Reminds us to "relax!" or to "focus."
8. Helps clean up without being asked.
9. Asks for and freely gives "tisses (kisses)."
10. Says "I hug Mommy" and then gives me a big squeeze.
11. Says "Mommy beautiful" or "Mommy precious" or "Mommy nice."
12. Reminds us to have family prayer and family scripture study.
13. Reminds us of common courtesy like "ladies first!"
14. Shares with a friend or her brothers.
15. Dresses herself, even if the outfit changes many times daily and often includes her "biddies (swimming suit)."
16. Says "great job" or "I try again."
17. Flashes her cute smile, giggles, belly laughs, and gets excited about simple things.
18. Looks at me with her beautiful blue eyes and tells me "I lub you."
.jpg)
I love you too, Annie.
6 comments:
i am happy your two year is just as crazy as mine. some days i wonder if we are going to make it. your family is really cute.
What a sweet post. Just to let you know though, you are not alone. A lot of these things are new to me with Brooke. We've had toys that have lasted almost five years with Lauren that didn't make it two hours with Brooke...and oh, the CLIMBING!!!
I love that she blesses her Costco samples.
2-year-olds are tough! Grant is in this throwing toys at anyone and everyone stage, making even 9 year-old Jordan cry. But just like Annie he has some great moments that make us all happy. You know what's funny is that with all my other kids I hardly remember the bad stuff they did at this stage I only remember the good. Its good you made a list of the negative and the positive so you'll have it for future reference.
My two favorites from the lists were eating the hymnal page and blessing the Costco sample. I'm so glad you're recording all of these things--especially for years down the road when she has a two-year-old of her own.
That last pic is beautiful too!
Yikes!! She always seems so sweet. I hope that second list happens more than the first!!
I love Annie! She really is a sweet girl. Good thing she is so cute!
Post a Comment