Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Sneaky One

We've got a sneaky child. Last night after I thought all the kids were fast asleep, I heard the little pitter-patter of footsteps coming toward our room. One of our children apparently had something very important to tell me, but as he/she was speaking, I noticed that his/her teeth and tongue were bright pink. I asked what he/she had been eating and said it was no use lying about it, since it was obvious they had been into something. A sheepish confession followed--sprinkles. I didn't have the energy to do anything about it, so I just told the child to get back into bed and go to sleep. Then the thought occurred to Chris, "Are the sprinkles in his/her bed?" This child is known to hide and store items in his/her bed that should not be there. So Chris jumped up to see if our fears were valid, and sure enough, he found this bottle of red sugar sprinkles in the kid's bed. The remaining sprinkles in the bottle are wet since this child was literally drinking them straight from the bottle. Who knows how long they have been in the bed, and what else is hiding there?

7 comments:

Kirbell said...

Ha-ha! Could this also be your child who likes to stay up late? Love that kid!

Ashleigh said...

mm-mmm-good!

Mike and Shelby said...

red sprinkles? Can you blame him/her? Who doesn't love a little sugar rush just before bedtime?

too funny.

Jamie said...

This is what happens when children are deprived of sugar in any source. LOL You better let them have the real stuff so they don't have to sneak the sprinkles.

No, I'm sure you guys eat fruit and maybe even cookies every once in a while. That is really funny. What would have happened if you hadn't conviscated the sprinkles?

Bobbie said...

Oh, I love it! We frequently find hidden candy wrappers in our kids' beds as well, or once it was the wrappers from an entire pack of gum. Kids just keep life exciting!

Tami said...

I'm reminded now of the time we found a #10 can of sugar under the bunk beds. The boys' secret stash! No wonder we have ant problems! And no, they are not sugar-deprived, but I am afraid they get the sweet-tooth problem from me. And Kirsten, you've guessed correctly. Since "that child" is on the top bunk, it's really hard for me to climb up there in my current state and regulate what's going on!

The Tew Clan said...

LOL! How funny! My kids aren't quite to that stage yet, but there father did the same thing, so I won't be suprised if/when it happens! Hope you are doing well!